Whole School Curriculum
At Benson we have high expectations of our children, and we strive to deliver a curriculum that is both ambitious and reflects the diversity of our community and our local area.
knowledge-rich experience where children can cumulatively learn, retrieve, and apply that knowledge in a range of subjects and contexts.
Through Little Wandle Phonics, we ensure that our curriculum has a specific focus on Reading and Vocabulary development. We believe that the ability to read is fundamental to our children succeeding in every subject.
equips and prepares children for secondary school and beyond in the following ways…
- are independent and inquisitive learners
- demonstrate positive attitudes to their learning, embracing challenge and exhibiting resilience and perseverance
- have a secure understanding of the fundamental skills in reading, writing and maths
- are ambitious and take pride in all that they do
- are confident and responsible citizens who contribute to and demonstrate an appreciation of the world they live in
- are compassionate, tolerant, and caring, demonstrating high levels of respect for others’ beliefs and values
- are articulate; demonstrating the ability to question, debate and challenge
If you have any questions about our Curriculum, please contact Miss Virgo on email@example.com.